Clinical Evaluation of the effect of Adathodai nei for the treatment of Annakku thooru Thaabitham

Kanimozhi, Y (2021) Clinical Evaluation of the effect of Adathodai nei for the treatment of Annakku thooru Thaabitham. Masters thesis, Government Siddha Medical College, Palayamkottai.

Full text not available from this repository.


The Study on the trial drug Adathodai nei for Annakku thooru Thaabitham was done to cure the clinical symptoms in paediatric age group. The literature evidence of both Siddha and modern were reviewed and also the recent studies and characteristics of individual ingredients of the trial drug were collected. The Study was conducted after the proposal was screened by the screening committee of GSMC&H, Palayamkottai. The clinical study has been approved by IEC of GSMC&H, approval no The trial was registered in Clinical Trial Registry of India with registor No: CTRI/2019/12/022493. The ingredients of the trial drug were authenticated by the Gunapadam department of GSMC, Palayamkottai and the trial drug was prepared by Standard operating procedure (SOP) under the guidance and supervision of Head of the department of kuzhanthai maruthuvam. Patients who were attending the OPD and IPD of kuzhanthai maruthuvam in GSMC, palayamkottai have the complaint of Annakku thooru Thaabitham, patients were observed and clinically diagnosed. According to the literature evidence the sympoms of Annakkuthooru thaabitham correlated with Tonsillitis. Clinical diagnosis of Annakku thooru Thaabitham was done on the basis of inclusion criteria. Diagnosis had been based on the proforma including all detailed history of the patients. The patients were treated with trial drug Adathodai nei for 14 days. Patients were instructed to take the medicines regularly and advised to follow up. The efficacy of the trial drug was analysed based on all the symptoms in Assessment criteria. The physicochemical analysis reveals the high saponification value Iodine value and Good refractive index. The phytochemical analysis reveals the presence of Sulphate, Chloride, Starch, Unsaturated compounds. The trial drug Adathodai Nei have potent Anti inflammatory acivity and had mild Anti pyretic activity. Clinically, Out of 40 cases, Most of the patients (38 cases) complaint that they have the Cough, 36 patients were having throat pain and on observe the patient 35 cases were having Enlargement of tonsils, 19 patients were having Fever and Tonsillar erythema, 15 patients were having Cervical lymph node enlargement, 16 patients were having sore throat 10 patients were having Ear pain and 4 patients were having Foul smell in mouth and no patients were reported in Suppuration of tonsils. From the above results it is evident that signs and symptoms were gradually reduced in this disease.About 85% of children gives good result and remaining 15 % of children give moderate result. The observation made during the clinical study showed that the trial drug Adathodai nei was clinically effective on Annakku Thooru thaabitham (Tonsillitis). CONCLUSION: In the present study the trial drug Adathodai Nei was treated to the children of age group 5 to 12 years.20 patients from OPD and 20 patients from IPD were treated with Adathodai Nei for 14 days thrice a day with a disease Annakku thooru thaabitham. The ingredients of trial drug contains the taste Pungent (Yannai Thippili, Kodiveli, Chukku), Sweet (Thippili), Bitter (Adathodai).When the drug taken internal the taste Pungent increases vatha pitham and subsides kabam thus the trial drug equalize the three thathu. The trial medicine contains phytoconstituents and phytochemicals to relieve the signs and symptoms of the disease. The trial drug possess Anti inflammatory and Anti pyretic activity. Clinical results were found to be Significantly good improvement in 85% of cases, moderately in 15 % of cases. The ingredients of the trial drug are easily available and very much Affordable to all people. During the course of treatment, no adverse effects were observed.

Item Type: Thesis (Masters)
Additional Information: 321814002
Uncontrolled Keywords: Clinical Evaluation, Adathodai nei, treatment, Annakku thooru Thaabitham.
Subjects: AYUSH > Kuzhanthai Maruthuvam
Depositing User: Subramani R
Date Deposited: 17 Nov 2022 15:06
Last Modified: 17 Nov 2022 15:06

Actions (login required)

View Item View Item